You will agree with me that buying a paint sprayer is easy but if you are on a budget, you have to look at many factors before you get the best paint sprayer under 500. If you are ready to spend hundreds of dollars on the next paint sprayer, then this doesn’t apply to you since you can shed any amount on a model as long as it checks the right boxes.
On the other hand, if you have a between $50-$350 dollars, your option becomes restricted and for this reason, you will be choosing from a small pool of sprayers. But this doesn’t mean you can get the best one that have just the right features. In fact, we have compiled some of them in this guide.
Paint sprayers can help you achieve that unique aesthetic appeal décor you want for your interior walls or evenly painted exterior surfaces. There are several brands and models in the market, and while find one is not a problem, not all offer desirable features.
Some of reliable sprayers cost up to $1000 although these are recommendable for large scale projects. If you need a good quality budget option, then you should check out the top paint sprayers under $500 offers. Coming at a fraction of the cost, they still harbor enough features to give you the result you want.
Table of Contents
- 1 Full Review of the Best Paint Sprayer Under 500
- 2 Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 3 Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
- 4 Central Pneumatic 47016 High Volume Gravity Feed Spray Gun
- 5 Titan ControlMax 1700 PRO High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
- 6 Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Paint Sprayer
- 7 Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer Under 500
Full Review of the Best Paint Sprayer Under 500
Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer
This is definitely one of the best handheld paint sprayers that sell for less than $500 and still deliver. It comes with a host of features including the trademark iSpray nozzle adjustment that allow vertical and horizontal spray patterns as well as wide and narrow release.
Other features integrated into its sturdy design include a Lock-N-Go nozzle design that speeds up nozzle replacement and cleaning process, two nozzle caps, pattern adjustment ring and advanced x-boost turbine-nozzle technology. It is one of the high-performing handheld paint sprayers in the market.
- Ergonomic grip handle gives you total control of the sprayer
- Very easy to replace/change and clean the nozzle
- Gives a stippled roller-like finish is perfect for interior walls
- X-boost turbine offers high performance for quick paintwork
- Uses both un-thinned latex and oil paints
- Flexible and versatile offering detailed finish ideal for both interior and exterior walls
- Requires frequent cleaning to work efficiently
- You need a few minutes to prepare everything in readiness for your paint job
- Some users have reported defective models that only produce quality outcome for the first few instances
Fuji 2202 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP Spray System
If you are searching for a professional non-bleed 2-sstage paint sprayer, then you will find Fuji’s 220 Semi-PRO 2 HVLP very helpful. This elegant design paint sprayer features installed 1.3mm air cap set, a 1Qt. feed cup (at the bottom), ergonomic gun holder with corrugated grip and a metal turbine case.
It also comes with a 25ft. hose pipe with inbuilt control valve that prevent bounce back and overspray. Its non-bleed spray uses fan control to adjust spray patterns.
- Adjusting patters is as simple as turning the fan control knob
- It is a non-bleed system that saves your paint
- Very efficient and powerful (saves time and effort)
- It is easy to use and has a safe grip design that keeps the gun firm in your grip
- A long (25ft.) hose allows you to access a wider area without moving the whole unit
- Ideal for professional spray painting (interior and exterior use)
- Not as affordable compared to other best paint sprayers under $500
- Cleaning up the nozzle following clogged paint is a heck of a job
- Only comes with one air cap; you will need $70 for an extra 1.8mm cap
Central Pneumatic 47016 High Volume Gravity Feed Spray Gun
This is one of the simplest paint sprayers and it is also very cheap compared to other options in this list. However, the seemingly low price does not take anything away from its functionality as it features fluid control and adjustable fan pattern.
It also has an anti-slip grip and can be used to spray various surfaces including enamels, metallic, lacquers and urethanes. This sprayer is ideal for primers and base coats as well as hobby projects. It is quite common in the auto industry.
- A simple efficient paint sprayer that is very easy to use
- Safe and comfortable in your hands
- Includes fluid control to avoid overspray
- Easy to clean and change
- Can use various kinds of paints and works on a range of surfaces (general purpose)
- Uses gravity feed which is perfect for environment and cost saving
- Low pressure results in a lower performance
- Does not offer pattern spraying
- Cleaning may take some time to complete
- The cup lid leaks some specific solvents
Titan ControlMax 1700 PRO High Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer
This elegant paint sprayer is one of a kind and features some amazing specs that make paint spraying both interesting and effortless. It comes with an easily replaceable fluid section, high efficiency airless (HEA) technology, Sureflo pressure valves for priming. It has features a durable pump and hunched onto a wheeled carrier that can be moved around. With a high pressure of 1500 psi and halved overspray, this soft spray machine offers the best value for money within its category.
- Airless soft spray cuts out overspray by up to 55%
- You can move the whole unit from one place to another with ease
- Provides consistent finish and controlled spray
- Fluid replacement is easy and so is nozzle cleaning
- Very durable backed by the industry’s longest warranty (2 years)
- Powerful and efficient
- Lacks control features for spray direction
- May result in uneven spray
- The sprayer is separate from the pain causing a slight challenge when moving around during painting
Graco Magnum 262800 X5 Paint Sprayer
This is yet another airless paint sprayer model that has outstanding features that will help you paint as much as 125 gallons in one year. This sprayer depicts fully adjustable pressure, flexible suction tube and PowerFlush adapter that make cleaning very easy.
You can connect it to a 1 gallon or 5 gallon paint and still get the same results. It also features innovative RAC-IV switch tip that can be reversed to continue spraying when one side is clogged. It can support garden horses up to 75 ft long to ensure you keep painting without moving your unit around.
- Ideal for large projects
- Offers high performance and consistency
- One of the most efficient paint sprayers with total pressure control, flexible suction for variable paint sources/volumes and easy cleaning
- Designed by the leading manufacturer of pumps since 1926
- Has incredible suction
- It may vibrate a lot especially when you attach long horses
- Requires high maintenance compared to alternatives
Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer Under 500
When looking for the ideal paint sprayer under $500, you will come across several offers. Some may meet your need while some are extremely useless. It is important to outline your requirements before you start comparing existing offers.
This will narrow down your search to models that are designed to handle such tasks. Nevertheless, the above mentioned models comprise some of the highly rated sprayers and pumps by users and pundits. Make sure you buy from credible licensed retailers for genuine quality.
With this guide, you should be able to select the best paint sprayer under 500.