This post was last updated on May 11th, 2018 at 07:25 am
This is a short review on the newest HomeRight Sprayer: The HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer.
It comes with more features and functions compared to the C800766 Finish Max.
In this review post, you will learn the features of this sprayer and advantages and disadvantages to help you make an informed purchasing decision.
But before that, let’s look at some of the features that come with this sprayer:
Table of Contents
- Main Features of the HomeRight C800971 Sprayer
- Features on the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer
- Advantages of the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
- Disadvantages HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
- Final Words on the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
- HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max Sprayer
- Handling & Maintenance
- Ease of Use
- The Advantages
- The Disadvantages
- Share this with friends:
Main Features of the HomeRight C800971 Sprayer
- Control paint flow thru x2 air caps
- Change spray pattern from 1-inch to 12-inches wide by adjusting the volume control knob
- Able to spray thicker paints thanks to a 450-watts of power
- 2-year manufacturer warranty available
- Even spraying for a professional finish
- Pickup tube and cup vent newly designed for this model only
- Little thinning required for thicker materials
- Container capacity is 39-ounce
- Use for a wide array of projects
- Spray water or oil-based materials such as primer, stain, varnish, latex paints and more
- Interchangeable tips included for more versatility in your project
Features on the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer
The HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max is the newest in the series from HomeRight.
Whether you are looking to paint your fences, furniture, cabinets, or walls, you will find the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max is up to the job.
Unlike the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max, the HomeRight C800971 comes with more features and capabilities that allow you to cover a wide array of projects and surfaces with less thinning.
With this model, you will be carrying out projects with less hassle.
Features A Turbine Motor
As an HVLP (high-volume low pressure), this unit comes with a turbine motor that powers it up.
This means you won’t need an air compressor for any painting project nor do you have to shell out another hundred dollars for a compressor.
And more importantly, you don’t need to spend extra valuable time thinning before using this with thicker paints.
The 450 watts of power on the motor of the HomeRight C800971 makes this possible so you can expect to finish your projects faster.
Spray Tips Included
There is a total of six spray tip sizes you can use with the HomeRight C800971.
The manufacturer has included 3 tips so you can start painting away. With a variety of tip sizes also come versatility and more customization.
Since you can change the tip sizes as you wish, you will be able to adjust the paint flow to suit different project types without losing your speed or the momentum you’ve built.
The unit also has a volume control knob that works with the tips to give you even more customization of your paint flow.
Suitable for Oil and Water Based Materials
Just like the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max you can also use this unit for both oil and water based materials. This means you can spray stain, varnish, polyurethane, enamels, primers, and lots more.
As you can see, these are thick materials that you can paint with little thinning.
There are a pickup tube and cup vent which is not available on the previous model I have reviewed. These two together makes cleaning easier and faster for you.
Built-in Door to Access Inlet Air Filter
There is also a built-in access door to the sprayer that allows you to access the inlet air filter for a quick change. Because you don’t have to clean the filter after every project, you will spend less time on cleaning overall.
The 39-ounce container capacity also makes this model capable of handling most small painting tasks without needing constant refilling.
Advantages of the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
These are some of the things WE LIKE about the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max:
- Since the HomeRight C800971 can spray both oil-based and water-based materials without thinning, you can try out different materials like Benjamin Moore’s Advance Paint, Rustoleum oil-based paints, or stain and see how they turn out. There is also a manual from the manufacturer [HERE] with succinct instructions on how to use it for different applications. For paints that are extremely thick, you may need to do some thinning but not so much that you will spend too much time doing it.
- Although there are only three tips that come with this sprayer, you can easily get the other tips direct from the manufacturer after buying the product. Unlike the regular Finish Max Paint Sprayer or the HomeRight Power-Flo Pro Sprayer, this model comes with several tips that will enable you to handle more projects easily. It is also more powerful than the previous model so you can get a finer finish on your projects.
- The sprayer comes with a brass needle and nozzle, which enables it to withstand heavy usage. Compared to other items in the same category (which usually have plastic), this is more durable.
- This sprayer allows you to adjust the air volume and change the spray pattern at any point in your project. If you are looking for a small sprayer that handles most of the common home painting jobs, the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish should be on your priority list. It is lightweight and is very easy to apply and maneuver.
Disadvantages HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
These are some of the things WE DON’T LIKE about the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max:
- This sprayer is not suitable for painting your ceiling. Although you can try it, it is better you use a ceiling sprayer. When you use this sprayer for the ceiling, there is a possibility that the material will get into the motor and cause it to fail. Not only will that void your warranty, but you would have wasted your money too. Instead, you can try this with trim, fences, walls, and other items that don’t require you to paint an object above the head.
- The HomeRight C800971 doesn’t come with a viscosity cup for atomizing paints. The reason this is so is that there is less thinning required when painting thick paints. Therefore, you won’t need a viscosity cup to enjoy this to the fullest.
Also Read: Best Paint Brush for Trim
Final Words on the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max
While many users feel that this model is easy to clean, some users have also reported that it’s tricky to clean. From my own observation, I could say that there is a thick line between easy to clean and following instructions or having previous experience.
If you follow the instructions properly, you should have not a problem with cleanup, even if you are a beginner. In the end, you want to ensure the HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max is the right model for you before making the plunge so check out the button below to learn more.
HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max Sprayer
Handling & Maintenance10.0 /10
Ease of Use10.0 /10
- It is beginner friendly
- Easy to clean and setup
- The air volume and spray pattern is adjustable
- It's the ideal paint sprayer for spraying kitchen cabinets
- It features a brass needle and nozzle for long lasting performance
- May be a bit expensive