This post was last updated on May 29th, 2018 at 08:35 pm
This is an unbiased review of the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer!
In order to provide you with complete information and a detailed guide, I have researched the experience of users on the product, expert advice, and other reviews before coming up with this article.
I’ve made this review in such a way that you will have all the information you need to confidently purchase this paint sprayer!
Features of the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
- The HomeRight C800766 weighs 3.2 pounds and measures 6 x 11 x 13”
- This unit uses a voltage of 120V, 60Hz and has 400W of Wattage power
- The capacity of the container is 0.8 litre and can sprayer water or oil-based paints and stains
- 2 Year Manufacturer warranty
- Does not require battery
- The unit comes with 1 cleaning brush, 1 Viscosity Cup, and 1 air blowing nozzle
- Produced in China and made from Brass
- Sprays coats evenly
- Adjusts to three different spraying patterns
- Has brass spray needle for longer life
What We LIKE About the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Paint Sprayer
- This sprayer provides a professional finish for a novice work
- You can use it right out of the box
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- You can spray varieties of paints than with other similar priced big brand models
- This sprayer will give you a smooth paint as long as you thin it very well
- Price to value ratio is very high
- It is very easy to clean with little moving parts
- This can spray evenly and takes little getting used to
What We DISLIKE About the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Paint Sprayer
- This is not a heavy duty sprayer
- Doesn’t have a cap for the paint reservoir
- The cleaning brush is not much effective
- The frequency of refilling paint cup is high
In a hurry?
If you are still reading…
Let’s go into detail review of the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max:
HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer: Things You Should Know
Table of Contents
- Features of the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
- HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer: Things You Should Know
- What to Consider Before Buying HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer
- HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer [An In-depth Review]
- HomeRight C800766 Finish Max
- Handling & Maintenance
- Ease of Use
- The Advantages
- The Disadvantages
- Share this with friends:
Before buying this sprayer, it is important that you learn all you can about it!
If this is your first time of reading HomeRight Finish Max sprayer reviews, you will definitely find there are a lot of things you need to know about the Homeright Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Paint Sprayer.
Going through these reviews will help you understand what the product is about and be able to decide if it is for you or not.
Some of the most important things you need to know will be covered in this section and the next section as you read on.
What to Consider Before Buying HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer
- The HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer is available in three styles: Finish Max Extra, Finish Max Fine Finish and Finish Max Pro. The Finish Max Extra is the most expensive because it has more features.
- You can buy two essential accessories with this unit. The HomeRight C900042M Rapid Clean and the ABN Strainer Cone Funnel with FilterTop. The Rapid Clean utility is specifically designed to be used in cleaning the Finish Max Sprayer. Although you can clean the sprayer without this tool, buying one just speeds up the process. The ABN Strainer Cone Funnel is useful for removing unwanted dust, particles, paint clumps, solids and other impurities from your paints thereby preventing clogging.
- Container & Lid for the C800766. The Container & Lid here is a very important add-on to buy for the Finish Max. Usually one will come with your sprayer, but you may find you need another to keep spare or any unused paint after your project. You can store your paints and store in the container for up to one month. There are two versions of the Lid 27 and 39 oz. Choose the 27 oz version when buying. Here is the one that fits it.
- Spray Tip Multi-Pack. This is another set to replace your spray tip when they rust. There are three colors (Orange, Yellow, Black) and they come in different sizes. Having different sized tips helps you get different spray pattern for more project versatility. Here are the spray tips.
- HomeRight Spray Shelter Portable Paint Booth. If you don’t like spraying indoor, you can set up a spray booth outside your house and have uninterrupted session anytime you want to do your DIY spray painting. This Spray Booth comes in small and big sizes. Check out both here to choose one that suits you and your budget.
- You can download and read the warranty information about this product before purchasing it. If you are more concerned about warranty before buying any product, this can be a very useful step. Click here to download. For those who don’t want to read that, the gist is that you can call the customer care to get a repair number if you find the product defective within the warranty period. You will be required to ship the product with your proof of purchase and the repair number on the packaging. The warranty only covers defects in material or workmanship.
Now that we have sorted that…
What are the features, pros, and cons of this product? And most importantly, why should you buy it?
And here is the full review for you:
HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer [An In-depth Review]
Nowadays, it is of utmost importance to have a paint sprayer in your home.
They are lightweight, compact, and easy to use…
…and you don’t have to call your handyman for small refinishing or basic repair when you have a nice little sprayer to get the job done.
The HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Sprayer is an inexpensive but an efficient sprayer. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles you will find in the most expensive paint sprayers, but it gets the job done.
The design of ability of this sprayer appeals to someone who wants a cheap sprayer that not only saves time but can also produce professional results.
If you are, then below is more detailed information about this model:
The HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer is an HVLP paint sprayer with built-in compressor. Not only is it lightweight and easy to use, it is also inexpensive.
…Requires some learning curve…
Before you can achieve a significant result with this painter, you will have to spend some time getting used to it. If you have previous painting experience, it might be very easy to get started.
But if you are a beginner, it will take some practice before you get the hang of it.
However, when you start using, you will quickly discover that it will cut the time in half.
…Ideal for small jobs…
According to the manufacturer, this sprayer is meant for paint things like cabinets and furniture or shutters.
If you are going to be painting walls, fences, ceilings, you may need something much more powerful than this.
It has been tested to work on bifold closet doors, bedroom doors, kitchen cabinets, drawers, baseboards and trim, and window trim — so you can try it out if you intend painting any of these.
…Needs proper cleaning for a superb performance…
When using this sprayer, it is recommended to clean and wash it throughout the duration of your painting, especially if you are working on a large project.
The reason is the paint will build up and clog the sprayer hole and you may not get a good spray.
But when you are constantly doing some cleanup — using Q-tips for example — you will see that everything is smooth and easy.
Fortunately, the HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer is easy to clean and does not have small parts that can get lost.
You can easily take apart the nozzle and wash it. Compare to other models — even expensive ones — there isn’t much to clean.
Just fill its tank with water and push out the water through the nozzle just like you are spraying. After that, you take out the nozzle and wash it.
Simple as that.
Note: After using this paint sprayer, you should not let it sit for an extended period of time. Wash it immediately and pack it away. If you leave it for more than 30 minutes, the paint may dry on it and clog the parts.
Want to see it in action?
Click the image below to see reviews from other users:
The Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer is a self-contained sprayer.
You do not need to use hoses or air compressors or any pumps with it. You can use it to refinish, repurpose or up-cycle your old furniture into professional looking ones.
…Cheap but effective…
This is one of the cheapest paint sprayers around.
If you are looking for a sprayer that is cheap and equally effective for small jobs, this is your sprayer. It costs less than $200 and obviously has some advantages over some more expensive paint sprayers.
In addition, it is easy to use and clean, excellent quality, and convenient.
…Needs paint thinned…
Before you start using this paint sprayer, make sure that you have strained your paint or have the paint thinned. If you don’t do so, the paint might sputter, which can result in a bad job.
The paint sprayer comes with the viscosity tool for easy thinning and getting the right amount of thickness for your project. If you are not familiar with paint or paint cups,
I suggest you use the tool for gauging the thickness of the paint because it will save you a lot of headaches when you start to paint.
…Works best in a vertical position…
This paint sprayer works best on a vertical. It also helps a lot if the item you are painting can be moved around. When it is, you can shift it around to access every part of the item you want to paint.
If you are doing immobile items like your deck, you will find it difficult to achieve a good result with this prayer.
While the sides of a deck will be easy, the surface would be too horizontal to have a significant result. This is because the paint sprayer can only go 45% of the vertical of the surface you are painting.
…Saves time compared to paintbrush or roller…
You have to make a trade-off when using the unit. Most users have reported that it does cover well in one coat without a second go.
However, you have to sacrifice a lot of paint in the process — which is about 15-20% more than if you use a brush. But another added advantage is that it will save you a lot of time.
For instance, if using a brush could make you spend 4 hours or more — with the back aching added — you can expect to save 2 hours or more when you make use of a paint sprayer.
So it ultimately comes down to your choice and what you are looking for.
Also Read: Best Paint Brush for Trim
…Use different paint especially chalkpaint…
This unit can spray different types of paints. Some customers have reported using latex paint, Behr solid paint, acrylic paint, primer, Minimax Polycrylic, and many others on this sprayer and it comes out excellently on each use.
You can also use chalkpaint (latex + non-sanded grout mix) with this unit.
However, the resulting finish depends on your expertise and how much knowledge you are putting into this. If you are going to use it, you can use a mesh strainer so that all particles that can clog the machine are eliminated.
Also, for better resulting and not clogging the machine, it is advisable to use unhanded grout version.
…You can use outdoors or indoors…
While most people prefer to use this outdoor, there is nothing preventing them from using it indoors. If you are going to use indoors, make sure you cover everything around where you want to spray and you will be alright.
Another bonus point for the HomeRight Finish Max C800766 Paint Sprayer:
It is lightweight and easy to handle.
Although it is more suitable for smaller jobs, you can actually use it for a long period of time without developing hand fatigue.
…Made from plastic parts…
This paint sprayer is made from plastic parts. Some people have found it to feel flimsy and cheap.
Depending on how often you use this and the maintenance, it may not last more than a few years.
However, this is what you should expect because it is not a professional system.
You can get a longer usage if you actually use it for jobs that are not heavy then use more powerful models to heavy use.
…Refilling of paint is not stressful…
This unit comes with a little 800 ML (almost 1 qt) jar. This means you may have to be filling the jar every now and then and that can easily become sloppy and boring. Again, that’s a trade-off you have to make.
Although you have to refill the paint cup on this unit frequently, the speed and the ease of using the device far outweighs that. Moreover, you can also avoid the strain of using a paint or stroller when you make use of this.
…Can you use the Homeright sprayer on exterior walls?…
The Homeright sprayer can be used for indoor and exterior painting including exterior walls. The only downside is frequent refilling of the container if you are painting a large paint surface.
And since it can paint in both horizontal and vertical positions, it should be easy to maneuver when you are spraying your exterior walls.
…Don’t forget to follow instruction manual before using…
In order to get the best result with this painter, you must follow the manual instructions. It has everything you need for getting professional results.
You will not only learn how to use the device, you will also be instructed on how to thin your paint. Many users have found this very helpful and even hinted that at new users.
Final Words on the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer
While many users feel that this unit is easy to clean, a surprisingly large number of users have also reported that it’s tricky to clean.
From my own observation, I could say that there is a thick line between easy to clean and following instructions or having previous experience.
If you follow the instructions properly, you should have not the problem with cleanup, even if you are a beginner. And if you don’t have previous experience, don’t expect to get used to it right out of the bat.
As with any tool, you should have measured expectations and do some getting used to, which is true for the HomeRight C800766 Finish Max Fine Finish Sprayer.