This post was last updated on August 16th, 2018 at 04:24 pm
If you have used an exterior paint sprayer before, it might be difficult for you to choose the best paint sprayer for house exterior because there are tons of options available it might be confusing to you.
Each, several new models are released into the market and the pace is not slowing down anytime soon.
Because manufacturers want to make sure you have the best tool for the job. But this can also lead to more confusion especially if you are a beginner.
However, you don’t need to fret because there are specific models of paint sprayers for painting the exterior of your house and you only need to know where to look.
What You’ll Learn:
In this guide, you will learn why an exterior paint sprayer is the best for painting your home exterior.
Most importantly, you will get the list of specific models you can choose from for the best result.
These models have been tested and compared by different users and they have delivered impressive results when it comes to painting house exterior.
Now let’s look at them below:
Here are the top paint sprayers for painting your house exterior:
Table of Contents
- Comparison Reviews of the Best Paint Sprayer For House Exterior:
- 1. The Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
- 2. The Graco Magnum X7 Airless Paint Sprayer
- 3. The Titan ControlMax 1500 Airless Paint Sprayer
- 4. The DUSICHIN DUS-236 Airless Paint Spray Gun
- 5. The HomeRight C800879 2800 Airless Paint Sprayer
- 6. The HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer
- Why Use a Paint Sprayer for Painting the Exterior of Your House?
- Painting Your House Exterior: Some Useful Tips
- Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer for House Exterior
- Graco Magnum X7 Sprayer
- Handling & Maintenance
- Ease of Use
- The Advantages
- The Disadvantages
- Share this with friends:
- Here are Similar Posts for you:
Comparison Reviews of the Best Paint Sprayer For House Exterior:
While there are many sprayers on the market that you can choose for your project, these ones have been proven to be best suited for this job:
- Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
- The Graco Magnum X7 Airless Paint Sprayer
- The Titan ControlMax 1500 Airless Paint Sprayer
- The DUSICHIN DUS-236 Airless Paint Spray Gun
- The HomeRight C800879 2800 Airless Paint Sprayer
- The HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer
1. The Krause and Becker Airless Paint Sprayer Kit
The Krause and Becker is the best sprayer available in circulation right now.
This Airless paint sprayer kit consists of stainless steel pick-up that prevents corrosion, a 25ft. spray hose, a gun with built-in filter and a trigger-lock to ensure complete safety.
This device offers high functionality in both latex and oil paints. It has a 3000 PSI piston pump that offers better coverage and high pressure.
The sprayer also comes with an easy-to-use twist knob for pressure control. It also comes with a No. 517 nozzle that can be used for 12 inches to 16 inches fan width.
This is why it is one of the best paint sprayers for house exterior that graced our list.
- It is user-friendly
- This sprayer is manufactured with high-quality materials
- It is lightweight making it easy to carry when spraying
- The Krause and Becker sprayer is very easy to flush and clean
- It can be used for project paintings and also commercial paintings
- Instructions for the spray gun show a wrong model gun
- The spray gun filter is difficult to detach
- It features 25ft. spray hose which is way too short for house painting
2. The Graco Magnum X7 Airless Paint Sprayer
If you need a quality airless paint sprayer, look no further.
The Graco Magnum paint-sprayer is an airless Horsepower device that runs on a 1500 watt generator or a 15 Amp household current.
It has a maximum working pressure of 3000 PSI and delivers a maximum rating of 0.34 gallons per minute that pumps directly from 1 or 5-gallon paint containers.
It also has a maximum tip size of 0.017 inch that sprays wide variations of coatings from acrylics, stains to heavy latex excluding block filler, asphalt, texture-filled materials, and lacquer.
This device comes with a gun included SG3 and a 150ft. hose.
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- The features of this airless sprayer make it economical
- Pressure control on this unit is adjustable
- The control buttons are user-friendly
- The 150ft. hose is too long to handle for small projects
- It is not meant for infrequent utilization
- This is not suitable for small projects
3. The Titan ControlMax 1500 Airless Paint Sprayer
The Titan ControlMax 1500 High-Efficiency Airless Paint Sprayer is the industry’s best and has the longest limited warranty period of 2 years. It comes with softer spray which enhances control for a more uniform finish.
Unlike other airless sprayers, this amazing sprayer has the capacity to reduce overspray up to 55%.
It has a maximum working pressure of 1500 PSI and has a hardwearing pump that lasts up to three times better than other sprayers.
It comes with a Sureflo pusher valve that guarantees you get a good prime every single time. The paint sprayer’s lifespan is improved due to its easy to swap fluid section.
The Titan ControlMax sprayer provides maximal control when spraying at production speed.
- It is easy to use and precise
- This unit produces minimal over spraying
- The Sprayer sprays efficiently at lower pressures
- It is extremely affordable and very easy to clean
- It doesn’t come with a satisfactory length of hose
- This unit is not appropriate for spraying stain
4. The DUSICHIN DUS-236 Airless Paint Spray Gun
The DUSICHIN DUS-236 airless paint spray gun can be put to use on most airless paint sprayers.
This spray gun has an inlet fitting of ¼ inch thread and a swivel joint. It comes with a changeable No. 517 tip and it also has a universal tip guard affixed to it.
This spray gun has a maximum working pressure of 3600 PSI and comes with a four-finger trigger with a soft pull.
This spray gun also comes with a 100-mesh gun filter inside and a forged gun head.
- With this gun, painting high ceilings is easier on the wrist
- It gives a superb finish
- The shape and design makes it very simple to use
- In terms of price, it is very affordable
- It comes with a universal tip guard attached to it
- The filter inside the gun handle does not fit the gun as it rattles around inside the handle
5. The HomeRight C800879 2800 Airless Paint Sprayer
This is an item of great value. The HomeRight2800 Airless – Power-Flo-Pro-Paint-Sprayer is an ideal paint sprinkler for big projects that require high-quality standard.
This device is appropriate for various tasks, including interior walls, decks, fences, house sidings, ceilings and so much more.
It has an operating pressure of 2800 PSI, Horsepower motor with powerful legs for firmness while spraying, and a non-sticking and wear resistant ceramic inlet valve.
Also, the spray pressure can be selected according to the requirement as the controls are user-friendly
It has a spray capacity of .908 litres (.24 gallons) per minute.
It comes with a swivel for the spray gun, 50mesh spray-gun strainer in the spray gun and a No. 515 spray tip with changeable tip for cleaning a clog quickly, which makes it one of the best paint sprayers for house exterior!
- It sprays paints of wide varieties, from oil, latex or water-based
- This sprayer is easy to set up, handle and clean
- It is water resistant as the inlet valve is made of ceramic
- It is not suitable enough for high-quality exterior painting
6. The HomeRight C800971 Super Finish Max HVLP Sprayer
The Super Finish Max Extra Fine Sprayer is useful for wide range of paint jobs from walls, fences, furniture and cabinets with less paint thinning needed.
It is used for spraying water or oil based paints like milk paint, latex paint, enamel primers, chalk type paint, varnish, stain, primer, polyurethane and clear sealer.
It consists of two dissimilar air caps to help regulate the circulation of material.
The pickup tube and cup vent are newly designed. It is powered by a 450 watts motor that sprays thicker paint from a 39-ounce container volume.
The sprayer comes with interchangeable tips of 1.5mm, 2.0mm, and 4.0mm.
The spray pattern can be adjusted from 1’’ to 12’’ wide by regulating the trigger control knob. But you have to tape and cover surfaces because of overspray to avoid extra clean up before painting.
- It is very affordable
- The control knob is user-friendly
- It saves a lot of time and very safe to use
- It is a bit heavy to handle
Why Use a Paint Sprayer for Painting the Exterior of Your House?
When it’s time to paint your house exterior, you have the option of either using a paintbrush or a paint sprayer.
On the face of it, a paintbrush seems easy and a quick way to get the job done. But if you have tried painting with it in the past, you know how tedious it can be.
A paint sprayer, on the other hand, makes painting your home exterior easy because you will be able to do the job faster and it has a low learning curve.
Whether your exterior is made of wood, masonry, plaster, or any other material, you have to maintain the coarseness to it based on the polish.
When you make use of a paintbrush, you end up having strokes or marks on the surface, which can mar the fine finish on what you are painting.
With a paint sprayer, you will be able to maintain the original texture of the surface.
Moreover, you are likely to be faced with a large area to coat, so if you don’t have the right tool, you might develop hand fatigue or a back pain.
This is a common phenomenon that is often cured with the use of a sprayer because it allows you to carry out the job with a quicker tempo.
Another definite advantage to using this tool is that it can save you hundreds or thousands of dollars versus giving the job to a professional.
And you can achieve the same level of quality and finesse a professional will bring once you lock down some of your own ingenious techniques.
Fortunately, there are a lot of sprayers on the market that is suitable for this job. They can help you achieve impressive result even though you don’t carry a degree in fine art.
Painting Your House Exterior: Some Useful Tips
1. Start Slowly
You are excited! You dream of drawing a paint sprayer to your exterior, painting it and looking proudly at a newly transformed surface you have made.
With this, it’s hard to want to stop once you get started. But you shouldn’t try to cram everything into a day, especially if you are painting a very large surface area.
Instead, take one part and paint it perfectly, then plan to continue the rest after resting or coming back the next day.
This way, you will be able to build your momentum and maintain the zeal you first had all through the project.
2. Take Care of Boring Part First
Before you start, map out all the areas you want to work on. Pinpoint those areas that are hard that you will be mind-numbing while you are working on them.
Then start with these.
3. The reason for this is simple:
It is easy for you to coddle yourself into the easy parts first and then when you are through, your mind will reel in the feeling that you are almost through.
But this is a mirage.
You have only done the fun part and when you move on to those tedious areas, you will become dishearten or even hate it.
But if you go head on and finish those unexciting parts first, the other parts will become fun and easier to do especially if you have managed to weave together tricks to get through faster.
4. Reward Yourself
When you are going through a boring part of your project, you can occasionally allow yourself some indulgence.
Get some carrots and set some milestone.
Then reward yourself after gliding through each milestone.
This will put your mind at rest every time you want to give up because it will think that, “there is light at the end of the tunnel” so to say.
5. Prep Work is Involved
This is the bale of using a paint sprayer.
Most of these paint sprayers are cheap and can help you blitz through your job so you can spend fewer minutes on them instead hours.
But your prep work has to be spot on. And it can take up so much time you might doubt yourself.
It is even more difficult if you are trying to paint furniture with hinges and hardware.
But since you are only painting your house exterior, the amount of work you are going to do is minimal. You have to mask everything in sight that you don’t want the paint to get to.
Depending on how fast you are, this can take a day or less.
The beauty is that you can stretch it and there is no technique other than to be able to disguise areas you don’t want paint on. This is the only price you pay for not using paintbrush or roller.
6. Choose the Right Season
Painting is not something you can do in any season or under any weather you like.
In fact, there is nothing more frustrating and exasperating than fighting off the elements while spraying or having to redo something you have expended so much effort on.
If you happen to find yourself in this situation, it will sap all your energy, creativity, and motivation that remain.
So make sure the coast is clear before you start painting.
Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer for House Exterior
The most difficult part of coating your house exterior is refreshing it with new colors and looks.
Because this is an open area, the amount of intrusion you get from the elements is going to be plentiful.
This is why you should only do this when the coast is clear and use a paint sprayer to do it quickly.
In addition, you will be able to lessen the workload if you use a paint sprayer because you can get things done quickly and the possibility of going back to perfect your paint is negligent.
And the manual labor every handyman goes through when painting with brush and rollers will be completely absent.
With a few more findings such as reading more reviews on the actual product page before buying, you can make an informed decision because you will be knowledgeable than the average search on how to select the best paint sprayer for house exterior.
Want more paint sprayers reviews? Check out our other reviews on:
- Paint Sprayer for Interior Walls
- Homeowner Paint Sprayers
- Airless Paint Sprayers
- Stain Sprayer for Deck Stain
- Sprayer for DIY Projects
- Cabinet Paint Sprayers
- Sprayer for Furniture
- Latex Paint Sprayer
- Trim Paint Sprayer
- Sprayer for Home Use
- Paint Sprayer for Ceiling
- Sprayers Under $500
- Sprayers for Fences
- Sprayers for the Money
- Air Compressor for Paint Sprayers
- Sprayers for Small Projects
Graco Magnum X7 Sprayer
Handling & Maintenance9.9/10
Ease of Use9.5/10
- Comes with free 25ft hose
- Suitable for heavy usage
- Durable and long lasting
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Ideal for large painting projects
- The hose maybe stiff
- Requires a bit of work to keep clean