Looking for an unbiased review of the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer?
You are on the right page…
In order to provide you with complete information and a detailed guide, I have researched the experiences of users on the product, expert advice, and other reviews before coming up with this review article.
In this Wagner flexio 590 review, you’ll learn about the features, pros, cons, and where you can buy this product.
Let’s start with the key features of the Wagner 590:
Now that the main features are spelled out, what about the pros and cons?
Here they are:
What We LIKE About the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer
- It is very easy to use
- Comes with a handy chart to navigate different settings
- Assembly is quick and fast
- Cleaning is less stressful than brushes and rollers
- It has a great coverage
- Small nozzle head is easy to hold
What We DISLIKE About the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer
- The +/- symbol for increasing thickness could be better
- It drools and spits
Table of Contents
- Click Here to Buy the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer ON Amazon
- Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer: Everything You Should Know
- Features on the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer [With Explanation]
- 1. Turbine Technology on the Wagner Paint Sprayer 590
- 2. How Many Spray Patterns Can You Enjoy on the 590?
- 3. Variable Air Pressure Control Ensures Consistent Result Across Different Projects
- 4. Care and Maintenance For Long Lasting Performance
- 5. The Design on the Wagner Flexio 590
- Safety Tips for Using the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer
- Click Here to Buy the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer ON Amazon
- Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer Reviews FAQs
- Final Words: Wagner Flexio 590 Reviews
- Click Here to Buy the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer ON Amazon
- Wagner Flexo 590 Sprayer
- Handling & Maintenance
- Ease of Use
Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer: Everything You Should Know
Before buying the Wagner flex io sprayer, it is important that you learn all you can about it. If this is your first time reading Wagner Flexio 590 Review, you will definitely find that there are a lot of things you need to know about this model.
Going through reviews on this sprayer will help you understand what it is about and decide if it is for you or not.
Some of the most important things you need to know will be covered in this section and the next section as you read on.
Note the following:
- Imagine going to the store with a basket in your hand, with the intention of buying materials for your next painting job. You fill the basket with brushes, roller, pans, tape and plastic sheeting and all you want to do is paint a room. If you look closely at this list, you will quickly realize that not only are you paying for a lot of junk but if you have a future plan to paint other rooms, most of these things may not be useful. You can get better use for your money by buying a paint sprayer. Not only will you be able to save money and time now, but also in the long run.
- The Wagner Flexio 590 Sprayer provides a flexible solution for any type of home painting project. With it, you can paint a wall in your room 10x faster than a brush. And if you want to put a fine finish on your furniture, you can save more time and effort because of the less strain during painting.
- The Wagner Flexio 590 comes fully packed with two nozzles – one can be used for big surface projects like walls, ceilings, siding, fences while the other is suitable for small jobs and fine finishing on cabinets and trim.
- Thanks to the adjustable control on this unit, you can spray unthinned coatings. And most importantly, it offers full coverage and low overspray to make your painting projects easier and enjoyable. This makes the Wagner 590 sprayer one of the most popular Wagner paint products on the market.
Features on the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer [With Explanation]
Here, you’ll learn about individual features on the Wagner 590 and what they can do for you. Here are 5 features that make it stand out:
1. Turbine Technology on the Wagner Paint Sprayer 590
The X-Boost Turbine Technology on the Wagner Flexio 590 is one of the strong points of this unit. It makes it stronger and more sturdy than most of the high volume and low-pressure sprayers on the market.
It is a cost-effective alternative to getting a sprayer for spraying specific paints.
Not only does it save time and labor, it can also spray up to 8 gallons of paint in each hour. And it has a power dial that is able to adjust the level of air power produced by the turbine.
It also comes with a 2-speed air power control which makes it easy to manipulate and handle the unit to achieve professional paint finishing.
2. How Many Spray Patterns Can You Enjoy on the 590?
Each one has its paint container with the first one being bigger and the second one smaller.
The full package is in a closure case that comes with a cleaning brush, manual, paint thickness gauge, and a poster to test spray pattern.
You can handle each nozzle in a similar manner. You can either spray in horizontal or vertical strips.
This is useful if you are painting corners or crevices.
Moreover, there is an adjustment ring at the head of the spray gun that you can adjust by turning the ring to either the vertical or horizontal positions anytime you want to spray in either direction.
Also, the material flow control on the sprayer determines the amount of spray material that is sprayed from the spray gun.
But with it, you can match the speed of the spraying as well as the project size you are working on.
One of the difficult parts of buying the Flexio 590 is that is definitely has a learning curve. If this is your first time of painting/spraying, you are likely to experience overspray.
This is because you don’t currently have any technique that you can follow or know the optimal setting for achieving low overspray. This is often a combination of wrong spray power, overfilling the cup and not being in the right distance from the wall.
With each application and experience, you will begin to learn what the best practices are. All in all, you can fast-track your experience and skills by watching videos and reading the manual if you have the time.
3. Variable Air Pressure Control Ensures Consistent Result Across Different Projects
As mentioned elsewhere in this review, it actually works well when it comes to painting but you may need to go through some learning curve when it comes to dialing the right settings for air pressure and paint flow.
If you want a thicker paint, you use high settings and if you want something lighter, you go with lighter settings.
For the general purpose spraying nozzle, you can get paint flow through consistently.
If you spend too much time in one area, the paint might run and sag.
The sprayer has the possibility of overspray that you can’t avoid especially if it is the first time of using it.
This is why it is often important to mask any area you don’t want the paint to reach.
In addition, you can use it to spray large areas with an undiluted material and it will still give you a roller-like finish.
However, as with all painting, slow steady and straight is the best technique. As for the fine detail spray nozzle, you get less sag/run but you will spend way more time covering what the general spray nozzle will cover in a short time.
Generally, you get more control but you have to spend more time.
The fine detail nozzle is also suitable for detailing projects and finishing up a painting project but you can only use it vertically, horizontally, or diagonally. Depending on what you want to achieve, you need to make a trade-off here.
4. Care and Maintenance For Long Lasting Performance
However, it is very important that you keep this unit clean after each task if you want it to last longer and be efficient for a long time.
As with most other handheld sprayers, it is easy to clean and all you need do is detach the reservoir from the main unit and wash.
After cleaning, you fit it back and pull the spray’s trigger a couple of times to get rid of the remaining water.
The first time you are cleaning it, you may face the problem of unscrewing the reservoir. In this case, you may resort to the manual to solve it.
And since this is a known problem, you may want to check online for possible solutions from previous users.
In addition to the above, you should know that this paint sprayer is quite easy to use.
It has only a single trigger which sprays enough paint to cover a surface, however, you will need to learn how to regulate the paint flow, air pressure and mastering the right sprayer pattern.
When you use it the first time, it may not be user-friendly, but with more usage, you will become accustomed to its operating system.
The Wagner Flexio 590 comes with a little brush although it is really too big for smaller areas you want to clean. Overall, it is easy to clean and you can buy some fluffy pipe cleans at any craft or gun store for the cleaning – any of these should work well.
Because the unit has some removable parts that rinse and clean, it is faster when you clean with a brush. And lastly, it stores neatly in a hard-shell case so that you can put it away when it’s not in use.
5. The Design on the Wagner Flexio 590
Some people expressed worry about the quality of this sprayer because the price is a little on the high side, however, it is a good sprayer.
Although it requires you to work on setting it up, you can easily start by painting/spraying some test boards or a plastic on the floor.
The reason you shouldn’t spray directly on what you are painting on is that it tends to throw a few large chunks when it starts which can ruin the look of your item.
This unit is so powerful that if you are a beginner, you may not expect the level of its power and therefore you are recommended to get a good respirator like 3M (such as 3M Dual Cartridge Respirator on Amazon) if you are spraying indoors.
You will need to also put some plastics near what you are painting and make sure to tape the plastic because the blowing air can remove them.
The Wagner Flexio 590 can cover an 8’ x 10’ surface in 1 to 5 minutes and it can also spray up to 8.0 gallons per hour.
It also comes with X-Boost Turbine that provides the capability to spray unthinned interior and exterior paints and paints.
The iSpray nozzles also give you fast coverage and a light texture finish. It is not very light when you put it in a full painting so it may not be fit for large paint projects.
Safety Tips for Using the Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer
These are some of the paint safety tips you want to consider before buying:
- You should use this paint sprayer with only water-based materials or materials with a minimum flash point of 30 degree Celsius. It is not safe to spray with liquids with a flash point of less than 38 degree Celsius. The flash point is the temperature at which a fluid can produce enough vapor to ignite.
- Make sure all containers you are using are grounded to prevent static discharge.
- You should stay away from using a 3 to 2 adapter and ensure you connect the unit to a grounded outlet using a grounded extension cord.
- Make sure you are spraying in a well-ventilated area. Using an area where there is enough air flows through will prevent the accumulation of inflammable vapors.
- The spraying area should be free from smoke and other flammable materials such as solvent containers, rags, etc.
- It is recommended that when you are spraying flammable materials, you should not be close to the sources of ignition such as an open flame, hot objects or pilot lights, cigarettes, motors, and you should avoid creating sparks from connecting and disconnecting power cords.
- It is recommended for homeowners, DIYers, hobby painters, and it is suitable for most home painting jobs.
- If you are still thinking of which Wagner paint sprayer to buy, then you should grab the Wagner 590 paint sprayer.
Wagner Flexio 590 Paint Sprayer Reviews FAQs
What is the difference between Wagner Flexio 570 and 590 Sprayer?
The 590 has an adjustable dial for additional speed, however, the 570 has two-speed settings. Moreover, 590 spray more gallons per minute and come with a 2nd nozzle for detail finish.
Will this spray latex primer?
Yes, it will spray latex primer and you don’t have to thin it at all, as most users have had good experience painting latex. All you need to do is turn up the dial and you don’t need to thin.
What is Wagner flexio 590 price?
At the time of writing this post, the Wagner 590 paint sprayer is available at different price points and from different sellers. The sprayer is available from these sellers.
Would this be good to paint a house?
It would be a great time-saver and still do a very good job since it is constructed for largest of jobs. You can get a nice wide spray for large surfaces and get a professional finish and look.
What are some common Wagner flexio 590 troubleshooting tips?
If the nozzle or the suction tube of your flexio 590 paint sprayer get clogged, all you need to do is clean it. If the sprayer doesn’t produce any pressure in the container, you have to tighten the container because it is now loose.
What if the air filter clogged? You have to change it.
Are Wagner flexio 590 parts readily available?
Yes, the majority of the parts for the flexio 590 are available. They include X-Boost Turbine, iSpray Nozzle, and the Detail finish Nozzle.
Is Wagner flexio 590 cleaning easy for a beginner?
After reading through different Wagner flexio reviews from customers, it is clear that cleaning is very easy. All you need is water and a little Dawn.
In fact, it doesn’t take more work than cleaning your rollers.
Can this work with painting a ceiling?
Yes, it would paint a room ceiling or your bathroom ceiling although you have to be careful not to tilt the sprayer more than 45 degrees.
This is because the paint may enter into the fan mechanism and ruin your device; it can also go well on walls and fence.
Can it use exterior latex paint?
Yes, you can use any oil or latex based paint, primer or stain.
However, you will need to do a long winded cleaning if you want to maintain it in good working condition.
In fact, it is designed to use latex paint without thinning, some experience a globby mess but that can easily be solved by calling support and get a walkthrough on how to resolve it.
Final Words: Wagner Flexio 590 Reviews
This sprayer is best used for small craft objects, furniture, small fences, cabinets and trim, large deck, interior room, and exterior shed.
And it is optimal for exterior latex, interior latex, wood sealers, chalk paints, lacquers, transparent stain, and solid stain.
In addition, if you are looking for a way of painting a ceiling with a Wagner sprayer, check out this sprayer.
You should make sure to mask off everything you don’t want the paint to touch and before you start painting. Disassemble and clean the sprayer and don’t use this in one paint because that might be too thick for painting.
If you start to see the sprayer drooling, you should stop and clean the Wagner Flexio 590 and try to have a rag in hand to periodically wipe any dried paint at the nozzle tip.
You can buy it at the link below: