This post was last updated on June 6th, 2018 at 10:46 am
The Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer is a good sprayer for DIY homeowners and those who are buying their first sprayer.
It is designed to spray doors, trims, interior walls, ceiling, decks, small sheds, and other small home improvement projects whether indoor or outdoor.
Thanks to the Dual Speed adjustment, it sprays precisely and with less overspray while giving you absolute control. The FlexLiner on it allows it to spray in any direction.
The total package includes 2 x 0.015-inch reversible spray tip, instruction booklet, 4 inches narrow and 12 inches wide and 4 32 oz. FlexLiner Paint bags.
Not only that, it is made in the USA, so there is no fear of fake parts or materials. With an ideal distance of 12 inches away from the painting surface, you can get that optimal coverage you desire.
Whether you are staining fence or refining your furniture, the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer will work great on them.
Table of Contents
- Some Notes on Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
- Features on the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer [Plus Explanation]
- Should You Buy Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer?
- Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
- Handling & Maintenance
- Ease of Use
- Share this with friends:
Some Notes on Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
There are certain things you need to pay attention to before buying this unit.
Some of these things are below:
- If you are wondering what wattage this is working on, it is 120 volts. But you can also contact the manufacturer to confirm if it can work with other voltage measures such as 220 volts ac and so on. This is especially if you are out of the USA so that you know if it will work in your country of residence before buying it.
- The manufacturer recommended 25 gallons annual usage is actually a general guideline. It doesn’t mean that the spray will not work after you have your first 25 gallons of paint sprayed. Rather you can spray more than that. Usually, if you give it good care and proper routine maintenance, you should be able to use it for years without needing replacement.
- However, you know that the lifespan of the machine actually depends on the kinds of materials you are painting. The painting material used on it will affect it moderately, lightly or heavily so you have to look at that too. Moreover, the pump will also wear out after some heavy usage in which case you will be able to change it with available accessories and if not you buy another one.
What We LIKE About the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
- You can spray paints without thinning
- Comes with recyclable bags for easier cleaning
- Can spray water-based paints with ease
- Suitable for many household projects
- Can fits inside cabinets for easy painting of kitchen cabinets
- It is not terribly loud so is good for people like in places like a condo
- Sprays even and a nice coat
- Design allows spraying ceilings
What We DISLIKE About the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
- No case is included
- Doesn’t use standard paint tips
- Doesn’t have a compressor
- It cannot do automotive painting
Compare the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer
Features on the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer [Plus Explanation]
Here are some of the exciting features of this paint sprayer:
Reverse-A-Clean Spray Tip
The Reverse-A-Clean Spray Tip makes cleaning the spray tip on the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer easier.
This is easily done by twisting the tip to release any clog on the tip. The manufacturer also recommends that you use 25 gallons annually with this unit so that you can enjoy it under the best performance.
Dual Speed Control
There are two speeds you can choose to spray from with this sprayer. You can choose either a low or high speed according to the nature of your project.
This makes it suitable for small detailed jobs that require low speed and the high-speed setting will enable you to get your project done faster.
So with this, you can work on larger projects and small projects faster and you will not be left wanting.
In addition, this makes the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer even more flexible than other sprayers that give you a fixed speed control. Often this can limit your performance on some projects.
So instead of getting just one PSI, you can get 900 and 1500 PSI to adjust to your projects according and get the best results.
The Stainless Steel Pump
With this feature, you can spray unthinned paint at high pressure and this is useful because most tips that come with other models don’t allow you to spray unthinned paints at high pressure.
Usually, these sprayers have a small tip hole that reduces the amount of paint sprayed from the tip.
Aside from this, the stainless steel build means years of service for you as it doesn’t rust easily when properly maintained.
Moreover, it is easy to clean the stainless steel so you can prevent rust and add more time to using it.
The versatility of this Sprayer
You can use a variety of paints and stains with it without going through the stress of thinning or watering down. You can work with paint/primer in one and it will handle it smoothly, although the long-term consequences can vary.
Not only does it not require thinning, you can also do well with it if you want to cover in one coat.
Latex, lacquer, enamel can be sprayed as well as water-based paints.
Operating Temperature Range Changes
This is a unique feature that helps to change the viscosity of paint. Depending on your project, you can change the consistency of the paint and use either a very low or high temperature.
Since this can affect the performance of your sprayer, you will be able to enhance your options by being able to choose from 40 degrees to 90 degrees F.
This feature will create a vacuum in the sprayer that allows you to spray in all direction of your choice. As a result of the mechanism, you won’t be losing prime since there is an airtight system in place.
In addition, you will still have complete control over the flow of the paint and spraying upside down will not affect the flow of paint.
FlexLiner Paint Bag System
This system ensures you don’t use traditional material cups.
Instead, you can reuse it or recycle it when you are done.
And since there is enough of them, using something fresh is better as you will spend less time cleaning and even if you want to clean, it’s hassle-free.
Some Cleaning Tips for You:
Cleaning your sprayer after every project helps you keep it strong and lasting and working for as long as possible.
Before you start cleaning the sprayer, you have to disconnect it from the power source and turn the prime pump spray knob to prime pump.
The will relieve the pressure that is built on with the previous project.
Separate the cup support with the Flex Liner bag from the cup cover and set the sprayer upside down on a flat surface to keep the wet paint in the cup cover while holding the Flex liner bag in the cup support.
You can then return any excess material to the original container. You can dispose the flex liner bag or wash it if you want.
Should You Buy Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer?
I will recommend you buy this.
If you are looking for versatility in your sprayer, this is the suitable model for you. You can choose from low or high-speed setting so that switching to different projects becomes easy.
Many people have also reported that it worked great for painting their cabinets (as its small size allows it to go into the cabinets) and ceilings (because the design allows for that), unlike other models I’ve reviewed on this website.
You can also use the Graco 17A466 TrueCoat 360 DS Paint Sprayer to stain your fence or deck, so it’s a nice buy.