Because of the wide range of sprayers on the market, it can be moderately difficult to get yourself the best paint sprayer for fences. However, if you know where to look and which brand to research, you can uncover some gems.
Spray painting your fence does not only help you establish a unique exterior appeal, but can also be used as an additional protection layer to keep your fences from the elements. However, this is achievable when done the right way using high quality sprayers and paints.
There are several purported paint sprayer for fences in the market and while most are promoted as the ultimate offers, not all will depict desirable features. What’s more, there is no single best model for every user as requirements vary from one person to another.
Nevertheless, some sprayers simply have outstanding features that help you accomplish the goal. Such a model can be considered the best fence paint sprayer in its own right. Here is a brief review of some highly reliable fence paint sprayers in the market.
Whether you are a homeowner learning how to paint fence with sprayer or a handyman searching for the best way of painting a fence with a sprayer, you will find one of these to be suitable for your needs:
Table of Contents
- 1 Full Review of the Best Paint Sprayer for Fences
- 2 Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 3 Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Spray Sprayer
- 4 HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Sprayer
- 5 Campbell Hausfeld HVLP (DH790000AV) Gravity Feed Sprayer
- 6 Fuji 2903-T70 Mini-Mite 3 PLATINUM – T70 HVLP Spray System
- 7 Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer for Fences
Full Review of the Best Paint Sprayer for Fences
Wagner 0529010 FLEXiO 590 HVLP Paint Sprayer
Wagner 0529010 is one of the affordable handheld paint sprayers that will work perfectly on your wood and wired fences alike. It features the trademark iSpray nozzle-adjustment technology that allows you to paint both vertically and horizontally.
You can also pick between wide and narrow release. Other features include pattern adjustment ring, x-boost turbine nozzle technology, lock-n-go nozzle design (for easy replacement) and two nozzle caps. With its ergonomic non-slip grip, this is one of the high-performing fence paint sprayer coming at less than 200 dollars.
- Flexible and versatile
- It is very easy to remove, clean and replace the nozzle
- Ergonomic non-slip grip gives you full control while painting
- Provides a stippled finish ideal for wooden fences
- X-boost turbine nozzle technology ensures high performance at all times
- Saves you a lot of time
- You can use un-thinned latex paints as well as oil-based paints
- You will need to clean the nozzle frequently for high efficiency
- Preparation can take a lot of time
- Not all users think the sprayer is durable enough. The outcome quality drops after a few paintwork assignments
Wagner 0417005 HVLP Control Spray Sprayer
This is another affordable paint sprayer for paint from Wagner featuring the trademark Lock-N-Go technology and a 3-position (vertical, horizontal and round) pattern control. It can be used with sealers, stains and finish enamels ideal for grills, furniture and fences.
It also comes with a high speed turbine that provides high performance, 1 quart plastic paint cup and a viscosity cup. With its elegant ergonomic design, this cheap paint sprayer is perfect for DIY fence repainting and patching up worn out paints.
- Very easy to use and maintain
- 3 different pattern controls gives you enough options to provide the finish you want for each section
- Quite affordable compared to others
- High performance turbine saves you time
- Cleaning and replacing the nozzle is made easier by a lock-n-go technology
- Designed for grills, patios, decks and furniture making it ideal for all kinds of fences
- Has viscosity issues with certain paints; you may need to add more water
- Cleaning the nozzle takes a lot of time as it is required frequently
- Cheap means only a few years of service
HomeRight Finish Max Fine Finish HVLP Sprayer
This is definitely one of the best paint sprayers for fences with the ability to use chalk-type paints, stain, poly, latex and furniture paints. It is ideal for small-medium projects and offers 3 spray patterns (vertical, horizontal and circular) including an adjustment knob to expand the round pattern from 1 to 6 inches wide.
Other features include 2mm brass spray tip, 27 ounce cup capacity and housing for improved performance as well as durability. It sprays evenly to give a professional roller-like finish perfect for both walls and wooden fences.
- Professional design and performance for fast paintwork
- Very easy to use and maintain
- Perfect for small projects like painting your backyard garden fence
- Offers different patterns and adjustments to make your painting as unique as you want
- One of the affordable sprayers with outstanding value for money
- Durable quality sprayer with a wide paint cup
- Continuous air flow easily clogs the nozzle even after turning it off
- Not ideal if you want to work on a large fence
- You get what you pay for; has heating issues
Campbell Hausfeld HVLP (DH790000AV) Gravity Feed Sprayer
Campbell Hausfeld HVLP DH790000AV gravity feed sprayer is one of a kind. Although gravity feed sprayers are common, this models features high quality features like non-corrosive stainless steel nozzle and needle, clear-view 600ml paint cup that lets you see paint levels and polished finish for easy cleaning.
It also has spray control integrated in the gun and an 80-mesh to filter dirt for improved results. What’s more, it has a simple traditional design that makes it easy for users to familiarize with how the system works.
- Perfect for automotive, furniture and DIY projects like fences
- Offers high volume cup to keep you spray painting for longer
- The nozzle needle and whole unit is easy to clean and replace
- Very easy to use (one of the most popular designs in the market)
- Provides high quality consistency and uniformity
- Very affordable
- Low pressure means slow performance; time consuming
- Only uses conventional compressor units (not compression turbines)
- Some nuts require fastening and packing
Fuji 2903-T70 Mini-Mite 3 PLATINUM – T70 HVLP Spray System
Fuji is one of the most reputable pump and sprayer manufacturers in the world and 2903-T70 Mini-Mite 3 PLATINUM – T70 HVLP is one of their unique fence sprayers. The system uses Platinum turbine which includes a heat dissipation box.
You also get a 25ft. hose to continue painting without constantly moving the entire unit.It comes with hallmark Fuji features including a noise reduction housing, adjustable control knob (small to large), non-bleed spray guns and stay-cool handles with non-slip grip.
- One of the best paint sprayers for fences
- Easy to use, clean and maintain
- Spray control makes it easy to target spots and quickly paint large sections
- Provides high quality uniform finish
- Ideal for both small and large projects
- Uses various kinds of paints
- A bit expensive compared to other models
- Requires a lot of practice when dealing with latex paints to avoid uneven sprays
Final Words on the Best Paint Sprayer for Fences
There are many pain sprayers in the market and most of them can be used for auto, furniture, walls, grills, metals and wood. When looking for the best paint sprayer for fences, it is important to outline your needs and expectations before comparing existing offers.
You should also restrict your orders to credible licensed stores like Amazon that can provide original genuine quality products from pump manufacturers. Choose retailers that offer quality guarantees including provisions for replacing any models that are defective on delivery.
By clicking any of the products above, you will be taken to the product page where you can read a full review of each one as well as the reviews of previous users. With this, you should be able to select the best paint sprayer for fences.